Re: Review and better .......

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 11:02:12AM +0000, Austin Donnelly wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 Nov 1999, Olof S Kylander wrote:
>
> > The above statements leads to the conclusion that you often need to
> > zoom in out quickly.
>
> What's wrong with the "+" and "-" keys?  I used them exclusively to
> control the zoom level, and find it quite convenient.

I never do anything but this. If I was being evil, I'd drop the zoom tool
altogether, but that is not good. It is good to have it there for new
users, but I strongly believe that most people never use it - the keys are
_way_ more convenient. This applies to a LOT of other things in gimp also. I
have defined myself 3 additional shortcuts that I use all the time:

	1) Alt-R -> image -> RGB
	2) Alt-G -> image -> GRAY
	3) Alt-I -> image -> Indexed

I dont know if they clash with any existing ones, but doing your private
handy shortcuts is very good feature in gimp. Much better than tear-off
menus (which are sometimes handy too). I strongly suggest people to learn to
use them :)
</rant>

> It would be even better if the zoom also panned to center the zoom
> around the location the mouse cursor is over then the key is pressed.
> I'm not sure how to go about plumbing that in, though.

Yep, it probably would be nice. But I dont know how hard it would be to
implement.

Tig

--

.---( t i g e r t @ g i m p . o r g )---.