Re: Gimp-Perl and Server Question

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 09:20:22AM -0700, Greg Walters <gwalters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> During the testing of my programs I noticed that the Layers & Channels
> palette had every image created still listed in the Image: pull-down
> list. This got me to thinking, is this information being kept around
> even though the image is long gone? If so, does that mean the Gimp-Perl
> server's memory usage would grow in size?
>
> testing that if I temporarily displayed the new image and then deleted
> it that the Layers & Channels Image list did not retain the image

How do you delete the image? I *know* that $image->delete sufficed to delete
an image totally, but this was some months ago.

It is possible that some new bug was introduced, though.

(ps: gimp-1.0 has various but rather small memory leaks so after millions
of operations your perl-server and the gimp will grow by a few megabytes.
This does not affect image deletion, however).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |e|