Re: GIMP Plug-ins for other Apps? - LGPL for some GIMP modules?

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 11:20:27PM +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Marc Lehmann writes:
>  > On Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 10:47:48PM +0200, Tor Lillqvist <tml@xxxxxx> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > It is possible that I decided to use the GPL header because the code
>  > > in gimpenv.c was partly moved from gimp proper, which is GPL.

Looking at CVS history and the ChangeLog, the derivative parts in question
from the app (from gimprc.c) have only been touched by Spencer, Peter, and me.

I don't have any problems with LGPLing, and I suspect S&P won't either
(since they were fine about changing libgimp to LGPL originally), but it'd
be go to check with them to be rigourous.

>  > That's bad, so libgimp in cvs is actually GPL ;-> My dreams come true ;)
>
> I don't think gimpenv.c is in any way unique in this sense, probably
> many of the other files in libgimp also contain code snippets that
> have originally been in some file in the GIMP proper.

Hmm.. I really can't think of any obvious cases of this?

-Yosh