Re: MMX and faster C

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 02:46:00PM +0200, David Monniaux <David.Monniaux@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you still interested?

If the patch gets the assembler detection and other nasties right it
would be very welcome (even if it doesn't get it right it would be very
worthwhile, I think).

> The first one patches mostly cleanly (but wants some automake/autoconf
> modifications I'd rather not deal with), the second one needs a bit of
> work due to some modifications in the source code.

However, the gimp is currently in feature freeze, so the whole issue will
only get important after 1.2 is released, which might take a few months.

PS: it might be most worthwile to put this into a kind of mini-library
that plug-ins could use as well, but of course I don't know the details of
the patch and it might be limited to specific operations only usefule for
the core (but fatser ;)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|