Re: unittest directory.

On Fri, Sep 17, 1999 at 07:06:03PM +0000, Asbjoern Pettersen <ape@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >How about gimp/testsuite/units? (or gimp/app/..)
> >
> >and a "make check" could automatically run it..
>
> These unit test program is for testing functions in files
> placed in gimp\app !

It is also for testing functions in files placed in gimp/ ... However, I
have no strong opinion on the place.

> "make check"  and automatic checks could be made on a higher level
> build on small unit test programs.

I do think, however, that it would be cool to start to collect small programs
like these while aiming at some fuiture "make check" integration. For that it
would be cool if the test progrmas would run some test and verify the results
(and call abort() if anything goes wrong).

A successfull make check is very assuring for somebody installing a software
package.

I don't ask you to add "make check", I just want to suggest that it might
be cool to be able to do that in some future version.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|