Re: unittest directory.

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 13:29:18 +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:

>> >How about gimp/testsuite/units? (or gimp/app/..)
>> >
>> >and a "make check" could automatically run it..
>>
>> These unit test program is for testing functions in files
>> placed in gimp\app !
>
>It is also for testing functions in files placed in gimp/ ... However, I
>have no strong opinion on the place.
>
>> "make check"  and automatic checks could be made on a higher level
>> build on small unit test programs.
>
>I do think, however, that it would be cool to start to collect small programs
>like these while aiming at some fuiture "make check" integration. For that it
>would be cool if the test progrmas would run some test and verify the results
>(and call abort() if anything goes wrong).

I'll add the directory with som unittest programs.
We could aim for some fuiture "make check" but my first goal is to have
some simple check points for GIMP.
Also a refererance point for starting cleaning up some "ugly" code in gimp.
I''ll start, and i asume there will be some feedback's (good ideas).

>A successfull make check is very assuring for somebody installing a software
>package.
>
>I don't ask you to add "make check", I just want to suggest that it might
>be cool to be able to do that in some future version.

Yes it will  be easy to implement when you have a lot of small tools.

Asbjoern P.

* Asbjørn Pettersen           Phone work: +47 77 66 08 91  *
* Kongsberg Spacetec a.s     Phone home: +47 77674022  *
*                              Telefax:    +47 77 65 58 59  *
* Prestvannveien 38          www:http://www.spacetec.no   *
* N-9005 Tromsoe, Norway     email:ape@xxxxxxxxxxx  *