Re: ...something to value

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 03:47:39PM -0400, tomr@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> However, I _do_ like to know about the implementation of menu items.
> How about different mini-icons in the menus to tell more about the

I forgot to mention that knowing the language can also have a good effect on
the user "ah, this cool things was written in (say) perl!!".

> menu item? Is it script-fu or perl-fu or python-fu or a binary or a

That would be a cool _feature_. However, I still don't think this info is
valuable enough. I always missed the info, however, which image types are
acceptable: grayed out menus are not very clear...

> built-in or a module? Is it interactive or not? Is it undoable?

We don't know about these yet (btw..)

> That's certainly an issue that should be addressed by the GTK+ folks.
> Then again, Motif doesn't handle large menus terribly elegantly

At least it lets me select all the menu items, somehow. There were times
that I had to decrease my default fontsize just to be able to do that. (At
least gtk+ now doesn't move menus offscreen if my ursor happens to be near
the screen edge.. ;)

Xt, however, is really lousy on that.

> either. I'd really like to be able to add a scrollbar to huge tear-off
> menus and resize them.

Cool idea.

> I think the pluginrc is only rewritten if a new/changed plug-in is
> detected ... but don't new/changed plug-ins reset their menu location?

No well-written program nukes configuration items the user has changed,
thus I don't cosnider the pluginrc as a configuration file (just as
parasiterc isn't).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|