...something to value

Daniele Medri writes:
 > 1 - why don't make a Filter item in menu.. and put all items here?
 > No difference between script-fu, perl or bin.

Sure, that's easy.

 > The item Filter must read dinamically what is there in pluging
 > directory and split plugin for subdirectory inside.

The plug-ins are discovered dynamically (well, each time the GIMP
starts) already. Each plug-in itself tells where it wants the
functions if offers to be in the menus.

 > The concept is similary to photoshop. Standard filter defined.. and
 > the OPEN reading of directory for other plugin.
 > This could be useful for  a rapid and personal reimpostation of these.

I don't understand what you mean here.

 > Another solution to manage better plugins.. could be a new panel in
 > preferences where people could choice what plugin use in session. The
 > concept is similary to MacOs extensions.

Hmm, wouldn't it be simpler to just tell people to move those plug-ins
they know they are never going to use away from the plug-in path. Or,
as you say later, distribute several sets of plug-ins.

 > gimp-base.package
 > gimp-extratools.package
 > gimp-extrapattern.package
 > gimp-extrabrushes.package
 > gimp-extra...etc

 > So gimp could be small for non-power-user...
 > Complete for power user with choice

Sounds reasonable. This is up to whoever packages gimp for
distribution on various platforms, I don't think it's a gimp-developer
issue per se.

(At one point I tried to offer various sets of plug-ins in my
gimp-win32 distribution, but decided it's not worth to spend time on
trying to figure out how to divide the plug-ins. It's enoough of a
pain to make snapshot releases reasonably often anyhow.)

 > Save --> save a selection with name

This would be truly useful, yes. Also, a "save copy as" command would
be nice (and very easy to implement).

 > Load --> load, subtract, add selection

Hmm. You mean load a selection from a file? Or load an image file into
a selection? Or what?

 > 7 - unify standard text tool and dynamic font plugin

 > 8 - adding text on path.. for string over a curved line.

This is stuff that will come naturally when(ever) the GIMP has "vector
layers", or more general layer types in general.

--tml