Re: ...something to value

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 11:17:47AM +0200, Daniele Medri <madrid@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1 - why don't make a Filter item in menu.. and put all items here?
> No difference between script-fu, perl or bin.

I'm advocating this for years (well, maybe one year). The current menu
structure requires the user to remember not only the filter, but also the
language in which it is implemented in, a totally unnecessary detail for
her.

> The item Filter must read dinamically what is there in pluging
> directory and split plugin for subdirectory inside.

You mean

mkdir Image/Colors; cp quantize Image/Colors?

Hm.. this could vastly simplify i18n of the menu structure, when we only
have to map.

> 2 - Split all plugin and extension for distribution as:
>
> gimp-base.package
> gimp-extratools.package
> gimp-extrapattern.package
> gimp-extrabrushes.package
> gimp-extra...etc

There was that nice idea on #gimp to make a seperate cvs server for plug-in
writers. plug-ins that compile out of the box (and are not too specific)
could be bundled with the main gimp distro, the others could go into another
package.

The main problem is that gimp without plug-ins is not usable to anyone,
not even casual users, so *some* plug-ins must be bundled with the main
dist.

> 4 - macro generator to generate script must have more priority

I guess its too late for this in 1.2.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       pcg@xxxxxxxx      |e|