Re: ...something to value

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Adrian Likins wrote:

> 	Well, there is a difference however. Scripts and bin plugins dont
> share the same behaviour (especially bin plugins and script-fu scripts).
> Script-fu isnt undoable for example. I for one, like to know if the
> random menu item I'm about to execute is a script, a perl plugin, a
> bin plugin, or other. I have no idea if most users feel the same way
> however.
> 	And isnt there already a Filter item in the menu?

There is certainly a difference between scripts vs plug-ins, and though
Marc's perl stuff blurs the boundaries in some places, I think it's
sensible to differentiate on some level. The per-language stuff doesn't
really affect users though does it? Who cares if it's Perl or Python?

However, pretty much anything which can't be undone is a bug, because
Gimp lets users rightly expect that almost everything is reversible,
why should Image/Blah/Wibble be irreversible when Image/Foo/Bar is not?

Nick.