Re: Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 71, Issue 7

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 07:43:55AM +0200, jhardlin wrote:
> In Damned Lies, you can not send translation directly to the git
> repository. Your work must be controlled by other translators and
> approved by the language maintainer.
... and this is currently not possible? Why? Because we're not part of
the GNOME i18n teams?

As I understood Damned Lies: There are teams which coordinate the
translation for each GNOME package. I guess the gimp user manual forms
an exception here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

> GIMP-HELP is an exception, due to its history. Here, translators are not
> many, are highly motivated and prefer to have a complete control
> themselves on their work. Managing git, and using Ulf's improvements, is
> a challenge for them.
Well then I wonder, how can we make it easier and not a challenge ...

Cheers,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de