Re: Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 71, Issue 7

Hi,

I did use Cygwin and felt difficulty on conflict of file names too.
It may be a case insensitivity problem caused by the Windows
file system.  When I Noticed it on using GIT, I made one more clone
repository at another directory.  Though it is a fresh tree, an
warning message was appear soon.  The rebase command doesn't
work with an error message. With the stash command, saving can
be done successfully, but loading process stops with a reason
that the tree is dirty, so this command is also unusable.

After back to FreeBSD system, I tried to remove one of two
images and it was easy.  Then I created a GIT patch on this
commit, and went to apply this diff on the Cygwin's tree.
Unfortunately, this patch file is not applicable on Windows
file system.  Therefore, there is no solution of it for Cygwin
users.

I can remove the older file if you need, and I hope this
issue is cleared, but perhaps it may cause another
unexpected problem on Cygwin.