Re: Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 71, Issue 7

me too :-) . What tripped me up in the beginning was git. Wrapping my
> head around it (with all the good help and manuals) took me some time,
> and every time I had git problem, my enthusiasm cooled down a little.
> Many a times I just backed up my changed files, deleted the local
> folder and downloaded the repository from scratch. All the while I
> wasn't translating.

We migrated from xml to po files to make translator's work easier...

Normally, a translator doesn't use git. He downloads po files from
DamnedLies http://l10n.gnome.org. He translates them and checks them
with gettext commands and then sends them to his language GNOME maintainer.

Only doc creators need git.

Julien