Re: Current status on migration to gettext/po

Roman Joost (Mittwoch, 27. August 2008, 10:55):
> I wonder what xml2po should do in those cases. Just include the
> strings of the next siblings seen from the current HTML node, in the
> translation? Could try to check if that works ...

This is exactly the basic idea of a Python script I have started to
write and that (hopefully) will split a multi-language XML file into
single-language XML files of the same structure:
Walk recursively through the XML tree and either take the node or take
sibling nodes of the same type for the specified languages.

If it really works (I don't promise anything!) these files should work
with xml2po's "--reuse" option.

So far it seems to work for a simple XML file (e.g. chrome.xml). I will
need some days to clean up, then I may commit it. Then we can start to
add features to handle the not so simple parts...

> > BTW, I think we should remove any entries before 2008-07-30 from
> > the branches/xml2po-support/ChangeLog file.
>
> Why do we want to do that? Doesn't make any sense to me...

E.g. because of

	diff gimp-help-2/{branches/xml2po-support,trunk}/ChangeLog

Ulf