Re: gimp key and mouse references (i18n)

Hi Roman,

2007/4/25, Roman Joost <romanofski@xxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 07:39:53AM +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:
>     > DocBook/XML. As I wrote, I think it would make sense to extract the
>     > strings out of the keys.xml and use the po tools to translate them.
>     So why there are some already (german) translated strings in it?
>     I'm following the DE example...wrong?
>

> My fault, I remember to have tried the same as you, but a couple of months ago.
> There are only one or two entries translated to de. After I realized that this
> doesn't work that way I threw the translation away (at least I thought so).
>
> IMHO we should look for "somebody" who does a referencecard on a dtp
> application. Just to have a list of shortcuts on a webpage doesn't make muchs
> sense to me.
There is a possibility to create a PDF based reference card, so actually
no point to have someone creating this thingy in a DTP application.

It's just needs some work beeing done nothing else...

so, can you pleas be a bit more specific about the kind of work that needs to be done?
The html is not building this für any language except en right now and the only pdf that I know about in terms of this is not a reference card, but a section in the pdf version of the (en) manual where the shortcuts are listed braindeath (but at least sorted) in one single list. I doubt that this is what users help. I thought more about a reference card like the one that can be found at http://www.digilife.be/quickreferences/QRC/Vi%20Reference%20Card.pdf for vi. Do you think we can do this with reasenable effort with our xml / xsl / pdf way of document production?

Greetings lexA

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de

life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you wanna get.