Content verification and navigation analysis of the user manual?

Hi all,

I'm frequently pointing users to the manual from mailing lists, irc, usenet and forum posts. Sometimes, I discover entries in the manual that are

- wrong (fortunately, this doesn't happen frequently)
- incomplete (a bit more frequently)
- not easily reachable from a related page

An example for the last item is the reason for this mail - I wanted to point someone at the blend tool docs and discovered that there is no link from http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-blend.html to an explanation of gradients or the gradient editor.... a site map that does show the links between pages could be useful for checking this.

The way to fix this would be to create a bug report (and either provide a patch or to wait if someone else does it). But I wonder if anything can be done to verify the docs in a more organized way.

"Review" is probably the most obvious answer for the first two issues, the question is "What is the best way to do it?".

Regards,
Michael