Re: Image files does not honour ALL_LINGUAS during installation.

Hi all,

Am 25.01.2007 um 08:54 schrieb Roman Joost:

> Hi Sven, Hey Peter,
>
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:02:28PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
>> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 13:05 +0100, Roman Joost wrote:
>>
>>> I tried your patch today. Thanks a bunch, it's a good start. The
>>> current
>>> problem is -- like Axel already mentioned -- other languages are
>>> using
>>> images from English.
>>> If you create the HTML files for only one language (e.g Russian or
>>> German) than you won't see most of the images.
>>
>> Since the GIMP help browser uses English as the default fallback
>> language it seems to make sense to ensure that the english manual is
>> always installed.
> Right - it's working for me as well and it'll go into our repository
> then.

argh - that patch does not work. I just applied it and did a complete
rebuild for de only[1].
First problem is "find: -wholename: unknown expression primary",
obviously the -wholename parameter does not exist on the OS X version
of find?!
As a result (?) all(!) images are missing in the html version. I
guess we need to review this urgently.

Greetings, lexA

[1]:
axel-wernickes-computer:~/Documents/Projekte/gimp-help-2 axelwernicke
$ make ALL_LINGUAS="de"
mkdir -p -- html/de
mkdir -p -- pdf/de
*** Creating directories ***
Language: de
find: -wholename: unknown expression primary
mkdir -p -- xml
- -- Profiling XML for de
- -- Validating XML for de        number of errors:        0
*** Validating profiled XML ***
Log files of the validation process have been generated in the xml
directory.
Please correct any errors before writing new content.
*** Copying images ***
Language: de
find: -wholename: unknown expression primary
*** Copying stylesheets ***
- -- Building HTML for de
Writing gimp-xrefs.xml for book(gimp-main)
Writing pr01.html for preface
Writing ch01s02s02.html for sect2
Writing ch01s02s03.html for sect2

- ---
Remember: There are only two tools in life. WD-40, for when something
doesn't move, and should, and Duct Tape, for when something is moving
and it shouldn't.
So does the universe explode if you spray duct tape with WD-40?