Re: Image files does not honour ALL_LINGUAS during installation.

Hi Peter,

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 06:36:51PM +0300, Peter Volkov (pva) wrote:
> Currently gimp-doc does not use ALL_LINGUAS during images installation
> and thus installs all images even if ALL_LINGUAS was set only to en.
> This increases building time if configured with --enable-convert as more
> pictures requires Converting and also this increase disk usage of
> installed documentation. Suggested fix for the problem in attachment
> (patch against Makefile.am). Can anybody review and if this is correct
> fix apply it in your cvs?
I tried your patch today. Thanks a bunch, it's a good start. The current
problem is -- like Axel already mentioned -- other languages are using
images from English.
If you create the HTML files for only one language (e.g Russian or
German) than you won't see most of the images.

There are two possibilities to solve this:

    1) We leave the patch as it is and change the directory structure
    (put every common used image in a 'common' directory for example)

    2) You have to modify your patch and add a fallback, so the patch
    includes *some* English screenshots.

I would really like to see the second idea happen. What do you think?
Would you be able to do this?
If this issue is fixed, we can also provide prebuilt HTML tarballs for
each release. So, you would solve a big task here :)

Btw. a god place to paste a new patch would be bugzilla. File a bug
against GIMP (Help component), and put your patches there. We don't have
an own module in bugzilla, yet.

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost