Re: ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released

Hello everybody,
	in my humble opinion there should be a way to communicate to the user
an association between the manual and the version of the GIMP the manual
refers to. This become a necessity for the authors/translators who are
working to track the development version features in order to release a
manual at the same time as the application (or shortly after).

I agree with you on the adoption of a major numbering scheme that at
least allows to link a lineage of versions of the manual with a
corresponding lineage of versions of the main application. It seems a
good compromise between clarity and necessity (or lack) of updates.

Axel Wernicke wrote:
> ps.: may be we can associate a major version number for the manual to
> a major version of GIMP. Something like
> GIMP 2.2.x documentation is gimp-doc 1.x GIMP 2.4.x documentation is
> gimp-doc 2.x

Cheers

--
Alessandro Falappa