Re: ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released

Hi Alessandro,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:36:48 +0100
Von: Alessandro Falappa <alessandro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: GIMP Docs <gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re:  ANNOUNCE: Gimp User Manual 0.11 released

> Hello everybody,

> > release of the user manual for GIMP 2.2. This release features a lot of
> > improvements, in particular:
>
> I take the opportunity of this announcement to ask one my long standing
> question: what GIMP version is the manual targeted at?

well, if you read what Roman wrote, then you'll find the answer. The GIMP manual is targeted to the most recent stable version.

> While contributing to the italian translation I currently refer to the
> development version (and as time progresses the differences with the
> stable one get more and more evident). Should I take the stable version
> as a reference?

yes, you of course should always use a stable version as reference. If you know about changes in the upcoming version you should leave a comment in the manuals source. Please do this as xml comment, so the content in question is not automatically used in the current version of the manual. As soon as 2.4 is "stable enough", which means that it must reach feature and GUI stability, we can declare the current 2.2 manual as finished and do a fresh start for 2.4 (based on the 2.2 manual of course).

Greetings, lexA