Re: More on cygwin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nickolay V. Shmyrev" <nshmyrev@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Kolbjørn Stuestøl" <kol-stue@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:31 PM
Subject: Re:  More on cygwin
В Пнд, 23/10/2006 в 22:51 +0200, Kolbjørn Stuestøl пишет:
Hi
HURRAY

It works. Thank you, Nickolay!

I was about to give it up.

Whatever I did, nothing changed until I discovered that cygwin pointed the
cygwin/usr/bin to cygwin/bin. When I did all my changes on the copy of
gimp-help-2 in the usr/bin, cygwin was working on the gimp-help-2 in the
bin. ;)

More questions:

1.. When I have run the make validate ones, the next time I run it cygwin
comes up with "Nothing to be done for 'validate'" message. Is there a
command to force cygwin to do validate? (It is not so elegant to delete
files as I do now.)
  2.. The same as q. 2 but for 'make'.

there is "make clean" but for me it's easier to remove stamp file
  3.. Not a great problem, but: It looks like I have to name the folder
'gimp-help-2' and nothing else. Is this right, or is there a way to name it
'gimp-help-no' or something else?

I am not sure, but you should be able to rename folder. Just rerun
autogen.sh after it.

  4.. It seems doing no harm, but when validating offline I get this error
message:
  I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd
../src/appendix/bugs.xml:5: warning: failed to load external entity
"http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd";

          "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd";>

Do I need it? Cygwin is generating html files that look nice to me in spite
of this error.

You need to install cygwin package with docbook-dtd and make sure it's
available in your xmlcatalog. http://cygwin.com/packages/docbook-xml43/

(Copy of the no-validity-errors.log:

error : Operation not permitted

xml/no.xml:2: warning: failed to load external entity
"http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd";

//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
"http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd";

Once again thank you for your splendid answers. Without you I'll perhaps been given it up.
Kolbjoern