[Gimp-docs] editors

Hi All -

I have a question about what editors can be used with Gimp docs.

My main system is Windows ME.  Since none of the MS editors (Notepad,
Wordpad, MW Word) are suitable for our files, Julien suggested that
I download the freeware program, Notepad++.  It does the job, but it
doesn't really work well with Windows ME.  I have to keep re-booting
the system, Windows Explorer keeps dying, etc.

Does anyone else use something different that works better?

I run GIMP from a Live Linux CD (Knoppix), although that's not the system
I normally have running on my PC.

My preferred editor on Linux is vi (vim).  Does anyone know if this
works on our XML files?  Are there any things to watch out for?  Any
tips?

Thanks again for your help!

Sally