Re: [Gimp-docs] To all tanslators

> But it's _MUCH_ simpler!!!

i do not think so. i work at many different manuals, but no one is done in
this way

> Please don't!
> Translating is one thing, restructuring the manual, another.

there is no need for word by word translation. sometimes non english content
is ahead of english. sometimes english is not as good as it can be - yes
content from other languages should be translated into english then, but
i do not expect it to happen always

> What if some languages different from english take different directions?

what is problem with it? as long as it results in a functional, usable,
good manual, there is no problem with it

> I know that this is more an organizative problem, not really technical but
> I do not consider it a good idea if it means to produce different versions
> of the manual, one per language. The python scripts are already there and
> working (well) to do the job but, before the split we should consider
> seriously the organizative problem. It definitely should never happen to
> have some, say german or chinese content, not present in the english manual

it will happen (and it already happened) unless you enforce strict translation
of the english content policy. i do not agree with that (and i wouldnt enjoy
working like that, that would mean that all my future contributions will be
english and czech version will be dead - until new translator is found)

--
Jakub Friedl