Re: [Gimp-docs] How to upload my cvs files?

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 10:06:05PM +0100, Axel Wernicke wrote:
>     There are no  nn  in the po/mo maps. If it s necessary, I have an (nearly
>     finished) translation for the  nn  po files.
>
> hmm, can anybody help us here? I've no clue how the .po files are handled.
We don't use po files in our manual. The translations are written in
XML as well as the english content and seperated by the build process.

Po files are used for the GIMP UI translation. Those are handled by the
maintainer of the norwegian translation. I'm not sure if this is
currently handled by the GNOME project or still by a private person.

Anyway, as Axel already mentioned, create a patch and send it to him.
He'll review it and can provide tips or other useful information about
the content. Thanks both for your effort :)

>     (Norway is a little country, but we have 3 different language codes:  nb ,
>      nn , and  no  with the latter as the general code for Norwegian.  nb
>     means Norwegian (bokmaal) and  nn  means Norwegian (nynorsk)).
>
> So is there any support for one of the norwegian languages in the make file
> already?
Nope.

> If not we can add the changes to the .xml files anyway, but wouldn' be
> able to build the html and pdf files for that language. Which language will you
> provide by the way - nb or nn? Are they similar, so we have to support one of
> them or is there need for supporting booth? Sorry, if no clue of the norwegian
> language :)
As you already wrote Kolbjørn, provide the translations for 'no'. I
don't think we want to provide the manual in different dialects of
norwegian, right?

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost