Re: [Gimp-docs] How to upload my cvs files?

Thank you for answering.

Axel wrote:

Just make sure you have done your changes to an up to date version of the cvs files. Then >create a patch file as described in the wiki tips for contributing. This patch file and the image >files that you might have changed or added can you send to a maintainer. If there is nobody >right now who feels responsible for the norwegian version, you can send them to me by pm. >I go and merge your patch to the cvs files and commit the changes then.

I've read the wiki up and down together with endless attempts to write any suggestions on the command line on the WinCvs I'm using, but am not able to get any sense on how to make the patch file you mentioned. I assume I have to work online on the cvs server. But I am not able to find the right command to write on the command line. How is the command for creating a patch? I would like to upload the xml files (and image files too) for the toolbox map.

I'm using WinCvs and Windows XP if that matter.

I created a local copy of the cvs of course, but am not able to use it the same way I'm using WinCvs online. When I write the path to the root of the map, WinCvs adds a CVSROOT at the end, and as there are no such file in the maps the program greets me with an error message.

As you may see, I'm at total novice to this world of DocBook and similar. Lots of new stuff to learn!

Roman wrote:

As you already wrote Kolbjørn, provide the translations for 'no'. I

don't think we want to provide the manual in different dialects of

norwegian, right?

Yes, you are right.

I my translation the 'nn' and 'no' files are exactly the same and I therefore have added the code lang='nn;no' instead of writing separate paragraphs for each. As I see they are doing no harm except for occupating some space. Opening for 'no' language will extract these files whatsoever.

Kolbjørn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roman Joost" <romanofski@xxxxxxxx>