Re: [Gimp-docs] How to upload my cvs files?

Hi,
Am 15.01.2006 um 20:32 schrieb Kolbjørn Stuestøl:

Hi
I have added a Norwegian translation to some of the xml files in the Gimp help-2. How to upload these files to the server? In the “tips for contributing” I’m told to send my files to the maintainer of the language, but could not find any for the Norwegian “no” and “nn” language files. Is there someone who has the time to do the work for me, or to tell me how to upload the files? If no one has changed the cvs files lately, i.e. later than January 4th, the toolbox map together with the "nn" image map are ready for uploading.

Just make sure you have done your changes to an up to date version of the cvs files. Then create a patch file as described in the wiki tips for contributing. This patch file and the image files that you might have changed or added can you send to a maintainer. If there is nobody right now who feels responsible for the norwegian version, you can send them to me by pm. I go and merge your patch to the cvs files and commit the changes then.

There are no “nn” in the po/mo maps. If it’s necessary, I have an (nearly finished) translation for the “nn” po files.
hmm, can anybody help us here? I've no clue how the .po files are handled.

(Norway is a little country, but we have 3 different language codes: “nb”, “nn”, and “no” with the latter as the general code for Norwegian. “nb” means Norwegian (bokmaal) and “nn” means Norwegian (nynorsk)).
So is there any support for one of the norwegian languages in the make file already? If not we can add the changes to the .xml files anyway, but wouldn' be able to build the html and pdf files for that language. Which language will you provide by the way - nb or nn? Are they similar, so we have to support one of them or is there need for supporting booth? Sorry, if no clue of the norwegian language :)

Greetings, lexa

Kolbjørn Stuestøl

IT-pedagog Kolbjørn Stuestøl
Stuestøl
N4580 Lyngdal
webside: http://home.online.no/~kol-stue/

---

Live is like a chocolate box, you never know what you wanna get...

GPG Signatur auf http://wernicke-online.net/Impressum/ prüfen