|   |R|RRRRR|RR|  |
+---+-+-----+--+--+
|   |R|RRRRR|RR|  |
+---+-+-----+--+--+
|   |R|RRRRR|RR|  |
|   +-+-----+--+  |
+-----+-----+-----+

(the rectangle enclosing the Rs is the requested rectangle of pixels)

I was really very very dumb when i said about the tiles, actually I did not looked into the structure of GEGL properly. I just was proposing that the we should find out a way so that the map is not two level based. (I hope I am correct). I am very very sorry for not being able to spend much time in this as I am frantically searching for some place to work and some income. My work at hotel takes more time and I dont get much money but I have no option so I am just a bit busy looking for a job in coading, buts its been hard luck for me. :P

I hope to discuss upon the final structure to be implemented on both the level.
--
Utkarsh Shukla,