Re: Introduction to GEGL Buffers

Thanks.
Are you sure that Multi threading has not been taken. I feel (  I may
surely be wrong) that the project of the adding of Gpu support should
deal with that. Basically What I was planning for the GPU support
project was to create a type of multiple parts or divide the
GEGLBuffer tiles or kind of break up the buffer into different parts.
and to store them into either CPU or GPU or over the network(where
they can be accessed by HTTP) or diferent core of the CPU or RAM, and
to consider them as a distinct identity an to apply the GEGL
operatoins on them. There should be a memory map for it and so that
you can know where the tile is residing and then you can apply the
corresponding operation. This i believe could or infact be implemeted
in various threads as parallelization is obvious here. ( I am sure I
am wrong somewhere as I havent yet gone into the understanding of the
GEGL (as I had no time as I was looking for something to get some
money) ) (Please correct me where I am wrong)

I hope you wished to say about the multi threading at a higher level.
(If I am again not wrong)
with different threads at the same time.I am not exactly sure of it.
I also feel that multithreading at that higher level should been
already implemented. ( I am not at all sure of the above line, I
havent looked into the structure of GEGL much). It would be better if
you help me out.

Utkarsh Shukla

--
Utkarsh Shukla,