Platform support and caching

Hi!

I've recently discovered gegl and I think it's an excellent approach
to image processing. I have two questions:

1. I have found no list of supported platforms so I tried to build it
on Cygwin but it fails because of differences in the dynamic library
mechanism between Windows and Linux. Are there any plans on Windows or
Cygwin support?

2. When trying simple tests it seems to me that there are
mechanisms present for caching the results of an entire filter chain,
but no caching between nodes. What I would like to do is something
like this:

Image Loader -> Expensive Filter -> Cheap Filter -> Result

Then I would like to change parameters on the cheap filter without
having to recalculate the expensive filter over and over again. Is
this behaviour possible in the current gegl framework?

Best regards,
Rasmus