Introduction

Hello everyone,
I just joined the group, and would like to be able to contribute somewhere. A few years back I was working on how various types of data yield themselves to automated processing, and was intrigued at how additional metadata and vector-based shapes could increase the flexibility of an image. With limited knowledge in image processing techniques, however, I couldn't continue much further then.

When I saw the home page of GEGL, it said that someone here might be willing to teach me the basics to help me start here. Well, that would be great if someone could refer me to some intro materials. I am mostly interested in the core manipulating tools this library makes available, so if some of them needs to be completed/refabricated I am up for them, provided someone helps me start out.

How much do I already know? Well, I am a competitor in various programming competitions, so I know the basics algorithms of dynamic programming, flow (how some of its applications relate to images), basic graph theory and all.

Is there anyone to help me get started? Once I know the basics of the trade, I am sure I can find something I want to contribute.

reasamp