Re: gegl ops CVS

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 11:35 +0200, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

> The core set of operations should live in the source of the GEGL
> library itself, these are operations that have no additional
> dependencies, and are considered necessary to make minimal use of GEGL
> (porter-duff compositing operators, math operators, gaussian blur).
>
> The ones that have to be external to GEGL in my opinion is operations
> that have external dependencies (specialized file loaders), wrappings
> around other image processing libraries and other things that
> traditionally would be "filter plug-ins" in the legacy GIMP world.

I understand that and I didn't suggest to make them part of the core
gegl library. I only suggested that they are kept in the gegl CVS module
just like we keep a large set of GIMP plug-ins in the gimp CVS module.
But I don't have a strong opinion on this, so if you think that a
separate module makes sense, then go for it.

Sven