Re: gegl ops CVS

On 8/5/06, Cody Russell <bratsche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys,

I was talking to pipping tonight because I made a gegl op for outputting
into a GdkPixbuf and wanted to import it into cvs.  He mentioned that we
should import gegl-operations into its own module in cvs and it needs to
be organized in a meaningful way, so I volunteered to post on the list
and get some discussion on this going.

The module could be organized into different subdirectories:
  gegl-operations/
                  input/
                  output/
                  filters/

What currently is in the gegl-operations tarball is the following:

affine   : affine operations (these should probably be moved into the core)
file_io   : jpg load, png load/save, dcraw wrapper, imagemagick
wrapper (inputs or outputs)
generated  : math ops and porter duff compositing operators (all
composers, might be moved to the core, might eventually be implemented
using GIL)
local : a place for "local" tests to be added, currently contains an invert op
misc:  text(cairo), threshold, contrast stretching, sdl display, gtk+
display, boxblur, perlin noise.

I think keeping file_io seperate from other things, might be a better
mapping than
grouping them based on the superclass they derive from
(input/output/filter/composer).

/Øyvind K.
                                                -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/