Start hacking GEGL

Hi all,

my name is Leonardo Giordani. I am an italian Linux user and I work as
C/Python developer in the field of scientific applications (signal
processing). I have some knowledge about graphics programming mainly coming
from the demoscene.

I'm very interested in GEGL and The GIMP, and I downloaded the GEGL source
code in order to begin understanding it.

Afer reading some code and documentation I am a bit confused...

The main questions are:

1) GEGL, gggl, babl: it is not clear to me "what is what". Should I study gggl
and babl to understand GEGL?

"This library is designed to do what GEGL will be designed to handle: image
processing operations catering for GIMP and many other applications."

So GEGL is gggl-based?

"Gggl is a version of GEGL that tries to be as simple as possible, but not
simpler."

...or gggl is a tiny GEGL version?

2) Directed acyclic graph: where can I find more documentation about it?

3) Who is working in what field? Who can I help?

Thank you very much for your help.

--
Leonardo Giordani

Tele-Rilevamento Europa - T.R.E. s.r.l.
a POLIMI spin-off company
Via Vittoria Colonna, 7
20149 Milano - Italia
tel.: +39.02.4343.121
fax: +39.02.4343.1230
e-mail: leonardo.giordani (at) treuropa.com
web: www.treuropa.com