More basic questions

I apologize for another round of basic GEGL
questions...

To start with, I'm an electrical engineer with a
programming background (multiple languages), and like
many others I'm a fan of GIMP and would like to see
it's development move forward (higher bit depth, CMYK,
etc.).  Working on GEGL and getting it in to usable
shape seems to be where the next big leap for GIMP
will come from, and like many others, I've been
slogging through the GEGL code trying to make sense of
how it's supposed to work.

For those who haven't read it, I thought that
/docs/geglClasses.html was very informative on how
gegl is intended to work and be used.

So in no particular order:

- Has there been a clear delineation made between the
functionality of the future GIMP front end and GEGL?

The todo and bugzilla:

There are 7 bugs listed in bugzilla, but they're all
pretty old.  Do they actually reflect things that need
to be done against the current code base?

Same question for the 'todo' on the gegl web site and
CVS.

Lastly, what is the absolute minimum that needs to be
done in order for gegl to be minimally usable?
Reading through the docs and mailing list, it looks
like some work needs to be done on the buffers, and
then maybe create a very basic front end so people can
actually play with the library, even if all of the
functionality isn't implemented yet.

Todd