Re: [Gegl-developer] Tile sizes...

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

Hi,

I was just wondering...tiles sed in the GIMP are 64x64 bit right?
I suppose that is the default value for GEGL as well.

Strickly speaking the classes that describe tiles are not written yet,
though to hypotetically answer your question, there is no "default" tile
size built into gegl.  The tile size is set on a per image basis.

So here are my questions: when was this sized picked up?
Is it machinne dependant? (I mean, one thing are the 486's from when the GIMP came into existence, other thing are today's Pentium IV, and another thing will be tomorrow 1024bitUltraWideX Cell-Quantum-Laser Microprocessors.

I don't know the origin of this size.

And the other question is : does GEGL have provisions for other tile sizes? I guess so.
Yes.  It will.

--
Dan