Re: [Gegl-developer] low-hanging fruit: as such

On 27/11/03, Daniel Rogers wrote:

> | The current ChangeLog in gegl CVS seems pretty much standard to
> | me. What format would you prefer?
> |

> It isn't.  The standard format is:
>
> YYYY-MM-DD Firstname Lastname <email@address>
> 	Block of text
> 	* changed/file/1
> 	* changed/file/2
> 	* changed/file/3
> 	More Text
>
> Now, in both emacs and vi, if this format is followed, then the date,
> name, email addres, text and changed file list all get different syntax
> coloring.  Basically all spaceing is important except the space between
> the first and last name, carriage returns after the first line, and
> spaces in the text blocks and file names (in particular the space
> between the * and the file name is important.

I didnt know there was a standard format, but I am happy to try to
use it if such a thing exists, especially if will mean better
readability.

I changed all my and Caroline Dahloffs (I dont think she would
mind) entries in the ChangeLog to fit the above.

Ill try to conform to the standard in the future.

Calvin