Re: [Gegl-developer] low-hanging fruit: as such

Hi,

Daniel Rogers <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Also, I see no good reason to remove the C++ style comments.  I like
> them, I think it is better style, especially for short or same-line
> comments.  It is part of the C standard.  Though it isn't C89,
> neither is "const" and I already use that everywhere (and most
> (all?) major C compilers parse those style comments).  Please
> explain why you want the comments changed.

Simply because not all compilers that The GIMP supports accept these
comments. Let alone that they are ugly.

And you are wrong about const. The const qualifier wasn't part of the
K&R definition of the C programming language as found in Appendix A of
their book "The C Programming Language". But it was added by the X3J11
Committee when the ANSI C standard was defined. It can thus be assumed
that it is supported by all reasonable C compilers.

> Also, I would like to move the existing ChangeLog to ChangeLog.old
> and start using the standard changlog format (the one parsed by
> Xemacs and vi and numerous perl scripts) in a new ChangeLog if that
> is ok with you.  ~ That way people could parse our changelog for
> news updates if they are into that sorta thing.

The current ChangeLog in gegl CVS seems pretty much standard to
me. What format would you prefer?

Sven