Re: [Gegl-developer] low-hanging fruit: as such

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 09:37:04PM -0800, Daniel Rogers wrote:
> Also, I see no good reason to remove the C++ style comments.  I like
> them, I think it is better style, especially for short or same-line
> comments.  It is part of the C standard.  Though it isn't C89, neither
> is "const" and I already use that everywhere (and most (all?) major C
> compilers parse those style comments).  Please explain why you want the
> comments changed.

I'm not so sure about that. At least as of a couple years ago, the SGI and
Sun vendor compilers did support const, but did not like C++ comments. Given
that these tend to cost $$$, probably not everyone has the latest version
either.

I kinda doubt C99 will be ubiquitious till say, 2008.

-Manish