Re: CreateProcess No such file or directory

On Sat, 2022-09-24 at 11:28 +0200, mizo 91 wrote:
> You are right that changing this behavior would have serious
> consequences. But wouldn't you agree that gcc could somehow
> distinguish whether the input files is of *.c or *.s source kind
> , and then decide if it should pass -I to the assembler or the
> preprocessor or  both? That would be more in line with what I would
> expect after reading the documentation. Passing -I to the assembler
> when invoking the command 'gcc -c source.c' seems unnecessary.

Even with .c files it's still legal to use ".include" directives in
inline assembly.

The only rational thing to do is creating a file containing the options
for the assembler, then pass it to the assembler with @FILE.  As @FILE
is not supported by non-GNU (and, maybe, old GNU) assemblers, the
feature cannot be the default and we need to add a new option "-use-
cmdfile-for-as" (or some better name).

If someone really cares about this he/she can make a patch and send it
to gcc-patches@xxxxxxxxxxx.
--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxx>