Re: CreateProcess No such file or directory

On Thu, 2022-09-22 at 18:50 +0200, mizo 91 via Gcc-help wrote:

> Additionaly isnt -I flags required for preprocessor only? Why gcc is
> trying to pass -I arguments to assembler program? Wouldnt you consider this
> gcc driver bug than?

>From GNU assembler manual:

    -I dir
      Add directory dir to the search list for ".include" directives.

So -I flags may be for preprocessor, or for assembler.

> Ok, if indeed this is a system limitation that cannot be avoided then why
> is the clang compiler not having this problem?

Because clang emits an object file without invoking an assembler.  This
is a difference in the fundamental design of the two compilers, and you
can't change it just for some looooooong command line.

--
Xi Ruoyao <xry111@xxxxxxxxxxx>