Re: CreateProcess No such file or directory

在 2022/9/22 15:35, mizo 91 写道:
Hello LIU Hao,

Thank you for your insight. In my understanding main purpouse of response file is to overcome command too long issue(which can also happen on linux but is by magnitude less likely). I imagine if my command is too long gcc driver should ensure that subprograms like assembler should have recieved command arguments in the same way gcc did (which is through response file). Insted the assembler process is spawned directly By CreateProcessA whith unwrapped arguments by the driver which is like you said the reason for the error. Additionaly isnt -I flags required for preprocessor only? Why gcc is trying to pass -I arguments to assembler program? Wouldnt you consider this gcc driver bug than?

I doubt whether there is necessity to fix this 'bug', if it has to be a bug, after all. Normally a user is not expected to compose a command that comprises tens of thousands of characters. If they do then they are likely doing something wrong; they should have split such a source into multiple files to reduce dependencies and passed shorter command lines to build them.

--
Best regards,
LIU Hao