Re: Well formated re: Really want a simple fully free pure x64 operating system i build myself

On Thu, 2019-12-05 at 22:39 +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 19:03, <skah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Except for GCC, i exactly know how to do. What i need is the whole
> > set
> > of variables and options to build an (almost) minimalist, (really)
> > portable and pure (evidently) generic x64 GCC 7.5.0 with good
> > support
> > for C and C++ (sparsely "old" and almost recent) with the
> > "configure"
> > script and make, to run my operating system with GCC from RAM,
> > under
> > multiple x64 computers.
>
> And the Linux From Scratch projects provide that, and explain why
> they
> use particular configure options.
>
> Instead of asking us to repeat all that information, why don't you
> look at the websites that already provide that information?

+1 for the LFS approach.  I've used it to build up small chroots for
various platforms where I want to bootstrap GCC using qemu user mode
emulation.  With compression the chroots are < 100M and contain enough
bits to bootstrap and regression test the compiler (ie, small enough to
be stored on github).

Jeff