Really want a simple fully free pure x64 operating system i build myself

Hello

I really want a fully free operating system i build myself. I wonder how to "make" a minimalist, generic, and pure x64 GCC-7.5.0 with good support for C and C++. Next i will mostly build recent softwares, only from GNU, and run a free Linux kernel.

Can you give me an example usage of the "configure" script with some explanations if you have some times.

I try to understand everything, and it's really disgusting since i don't have money, I'm French, i don't live in Paris, so i don't like my proprietary hardware, and myself refuses so many softwares and licenses...

I may add that i will run my operating system from RAM, just to comfortably program...

GNU project still the best for too many reasons.

Thank you so very much.
Anyway keep up the good work!
And sorry if i made some writings errors.

Skah