Well formated re: Really want a simple fully free pure x64 operating system i build myself

On 05/12/2019 11:40, Bryan Baldwin wrote:
On 12/5/19 10:41 PM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 at 04:39, <skah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello

I really want a fully free operating system i build myself. I wonder how
to "make" a minimalist, generic, and pure x64 GCC-7.5.0 with good
support for C and C++. Next i will mostly build recent softwares, only
from GNU, and run a free Linux kernel.

Can you give me an example usage of the "configure" script with some
explanations if you have some times.
http://linuxfromscratch.org/ might be the best place to look for
details on bootstrapping an entire OS yourself.

Another resource is Cross Linux From Scratch https://trac.clfs.org/wiki/read
Although their focus is bootstrapping the OS from different types of
machine architectures,
their material is formatted similarly to Linux From Scratch, and can
give you other insights
into the type of project you want to do.