Re: FW: gcc4.4.1 related doubt

trisha yad <trisha1march@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> a)  Our problem :   As discussed,  some of the function symbol names
> appear  as  T.XXX in the  symbol-section  of  Linux kernel ELF file.
> The build  is OK  and  there is no  script-fail  issue here ( as Mr
> Daney seems to think. )
>
> Our company wants us to  fix this problem.  We dont  want to "remove"
> these symbols.    Instead  , we want that  these symbols  should
> appear with the original  function-names which they represent.
>
> For example, if  there is  a  kernel-fault  occurring  near/after
> T.XXX ,  we  want the correct function-name to get displayed in
> backtrace.
>
> We cannot change the toolchain version. We need Cortex support.
>
> Also , we dont  think  there is any connection to inlining here.
> Looking  at the objdump shows that  T.XXX is  a normal function  which
> gets called
> with the  usual  bl  call in  ARM.

So, you are asking how to disable the generation of the T.XXX
functions?  Those functions are clones created for better performance.
If you give us a small test case showing the T.XXX function being
created, we will tell you the command line option which will disable
that specific optimization.

By the way, at least with mainline -fno-ipa-cp-clone is a better
approach than -fno-ipa-cp, since it does permit some optimizations.

And, for what it's worth, the names used for clone functions in
mainline gcc do include the name of the original function.

Ian