Ada-enabled bootstrap doesn't build Ada tools & library

Hello!

I tried to build GCC-3.4.4 on my i686-pc-linux-gnu with Ada support
enabled and encountered a problem.  I used the following commands
(mostly taken from the build instructions):

$SRCDIR/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-languages=all --with-gnu-ld \
        --with-gnu-as --enable-threads --with-arch=athlon
make CFLAGS='-O2 -march=athlon' LIBCFLAGS='-g -O2 -march=athlon' \
        LIBCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates -march=athlon' \
        profiledbootstrap
make -k check
make install

I noticed that the Ada testsuite did not run and it printed a message
about gnatlib being missing.  After make install, the gnat tools did not
get installed; actually, the existing tools in /usr/bin/gnat* even got
removed.  The only one that was there after the install was gnatbind.
Also the Ada library did not get installed ($PREFIX/lib/gcc/
i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4/ada{include,lib}).  The Ada compiler itself was
there though (gnat1), but unusable.

I found out that if I then additionally run the following commands...

make -C gcc gnatlib-shared
make -C gcc gnattools
make install

...the missing parts get built and after installing again, all gnat
tools were there and the library too.  I got a working Ada compiler.
The Ada testsuite now worked as well, without failures.

Is this just the way it's supposed to be, but it's not properly
documented in the installation instructions?  Or else, why are the tools
and the library not built automatically?

Thanks,
jlh