Re: compiler a compiler?

The Railroad Crossing wrote:

> Well, I downloaded it again, installed it, selected to install
> everything, but still no gcc.  I even did a 'find / -name gcc.exe' (with
> and without the .exe) and it found nothing.  I listed (ls) /usr/bin and
> no gcc or cc was in there.  I must have done something wrong, but I
> can't figure out what.  With a degree in Computer Science, this is so
> emnbarrassing for me...

You should really post on the Cygwin list for problems installing
Cygwin.

The output of "cygcheck -cd | grep gcc" will tell you which gcc packages
you have installed.

It's clear that you still don't have the gcc package installed.  Switch
the view to 'full' in setup.exe and then scroll down to gcc.  Click on
the 'X' in the Binary column or click on the cycle glyph until the
desired version is in the 'new' column.  If you just select the 'gcc'
metapackage it should pull in all the necessary requirements, but the
actual C compiler is gcc-core and the C++ compiler is gcc-g++.  Then
press Next as many times as necessary to download and install the
package.

Brian