Re: 2.1.2 released

On 07/08/2013 13:14, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:

[...]
I tested the version from the erwan/next branch and the --iops option works now and if I don't provide it I get a proper error. Although when I provide a nonsense option like "--fnsofno" I get the error "Error: One of the option passed to the cmdline was supported". That is probably supposed to say "was not supported".
This is now fixed in my branch.... silly typo.

The graphing seems to have issues too. I attached a job file and the graphs generated using "./fio2gnuplot.py -d t -g -i". As you can see in the compare-2Draw graph I get multiple lines for the test4k and test8k jobs but not for the test16k job and in the compare-2Dtrend graph I get strange loops for the same two out of three jobs. The 3D graph looks strange too and shows "disks" which doesn't really apply in this particular case.
Waow... I ran this test on my local setup with fio 2.1.2 and this doesn't occurs.... I do have the 3 lines perfectly printed.
That's maybe a gnuplot effect.
Can you provide the version of gnuplot you use and the log files ?
I'm running 4.6 patchlevel 1

Lastly the tool does output a lot of things by default which are probably not useful to 99.9% of the people out there.
This is now fixed in my branch.

I think the default should be to only output the 2Draw and the 3D graph and delete the data files (mygraph, mymath, etc.) and allow the user to keep these files and create the additional graphs using command line options.
Fixed in my branch. Default is to kill temp files if gnuplot success unless keep them. If user ask to keep them using -k option, let's always keep them.
That shall solve your issue.

In fact in the case of multiple input files it would probably be best to only end up with the compate-2Draw graph as the graphs for the individual jobs are pretty much redundant in that case.
That really depends on people's usage. Some could be interested at publishing the compare-* graphs but need to understand some traces if weird effects occurs. I did develop all thoses graphs with a "pick the one you need" approach.

Yes I do plot too much but this avoids having too much options to pass to the tool. People have just to pick the one they need.