Re: "yum update gcc" runs into libmudflap-devel

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Michael Schwendt wrote:

A simple "rpm -q libmudflap-devel ; yum list libmudflap-devel" can
be very helpful, considering that the "Yum update gcc" output
actually showed the new gcc (and knowing that libmudflap is built
from the same src.rpm).

 and while we're at it, let's ignore my "i'm just leaving the
airport so i'm kind of in a rush but i thought i'd just share this
before i have to shut down" note from that posting.

 no, really, pay no attention to that.  seriously.

I didn't ignore it, that was exactly what infuriated me. It's a drive-by. You come through, spray insufficient information all over the place and then vanish.

That's not cool, it's not helpful and it's not wanted.

-sv