Re: Release-critical bug process?

Jesse Keating said the following on 02/11/2009 09:21 AM Pacific Time:
On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 09:18 -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
Nothing is worse than spending several hours triaging bugs to a blocker list only to find out that the blocker list isn't being used or that the release has been deemed "done enough" and has gone to the mirrors. I know every bit helps, but it is still demoralizing.

While I agree to an extent, just because we chose not to fix the bug
before the release, doesn't mean that the bug shouldn't be fixed.  The
efforts put in won't be in vain at all, it just may take a little bit
more time before the return on investment.

My core issue is not knowing a decision has been made about the quality of a release and how that decision was arrived at. We talk a lot about transparency in decision making in Fedora. I think it applies here too :)

John